Saturday, June 5, 2010

Summer is herew

I was beginning to wonder if I would ever see the sun again.  We haven't had many nice days in awhile. I have to admit I am influenced by the weather. My moods change, my creativity suffers and sometimes I want to just stay in bed when I awaken to another grey day.  I would rather have it rain than be overcast and grey.  That's the worst for me.
Thankfully today is one of those beautiful days here at the coast.  I should be able to accomplish much but I may play hookie and go out and take pictures of people on the beach to use later in a painting.  I love the shadows a bright sunny day offers. 

I am just about finished with another Halloween lamp. This is purple , black, acid green and white. Sounds awful doesn't it? But those colors are working for this piece. I'll share pics when I finish.

I am wondering how one finds the time to do their art or their work and still keep up with blogs, ebay art groups, selling sites, Facebook etc.  I just love to read what everyone has to offer but then when I have not made time to paint I feel empty.  Some artists I know seem to be able to work it ALL into their days. I haven't been successful at it yet.  Any secrets anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest large lamp

Latest large lamp

Witch piano music box

Witch piano music box
Love Song

Witch sculpt

Witch  sculpt
Easter witch

Halloween Lamp

Halloween Lamp