Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Time out for sunshine

Cannon Beach is typically overcast and ugly in June.  True to form, this year!  So far not a whole heckuva lot of nice days.  The ones that are beautiful give me hope for more to follow. Yesterday was one of those.  So instead of working on my art projects I set about attempting to clean up our yard.  I say ATTEMPTING, because its an overwhelming job at this point in time. I am the gardener in our family. My husband mows  thank God and I am grateful for every bit of help.   I haven't torn out all the dead and nasty old weeds and plants from all last winter.   It just never was done. I always had other things on my priority list.  I should take pictures but I am ashamed to have let it go for so long. 
With COPD ( tho' not an excuse) its very difficult to do much without having trouble breathing.  Consequently, I work slowly and try not to lift anything heavy or pull out something with too much energy. Its the pits!  I used to be such an avid gardener. People would walk down the street and stop to see all my gorgeous flowers ion the summer.  This summer I will be lucky if I finish cleaning up from last year.  I need to put some weed and grass killer on a lot of areas but I am afraid to because of my kitties. I would hate to have them become ill or worse from having come in contact with something poisonous to them.  A lot of products don't tell you. Any suggestions anyone?????

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest large lamp

Latest large lamp

Witch piano music box

Witch piano music box
Love Song

Witch sculpt

Witch  sculpt
Easter witch

Halloween Lamp

Halloween Lamp