Saturday, May 8, 2010

Art is therapy

It's an excruciatingly gorgeous day.  Excruciating because I am stuck here inside with too many chores staring me in the face.  You know, those everyday tasks that somehow get shoved to the background when other things need your immedaite attention.

I have been painting for hours every day as therapy.  And yes, it DOES work. Without my art I would have been a robot just going about my daily business without seeing or feeling a thing.

The past few weeks adversities having taken their tremendous toll on my ususal good nature ( not to mention my confidence), and making me a prime candidate for the proverbial funny farm, I HAD to do something in order to crawl out of the muck and mire of the depression cesspool;. 

I picked up my brushes for lack of any better idea and began to paint another lamp.
Sure enough , before too long I started to come around. Had it lasted any longer I would have been in danger of losing my dear patient husband to any woman who would have him.
Two lamps and a few other pieces have accomplised what no amount of antidep-ressants and trips to the therapist could not. Although I am not 100% my cheerful self I AM much better and can face what come next with less fear.  So yes Art can be Therapy if you need it.  

Check out http://www.spookytimejingles.com/ on the 13th to see those lamps and other goodies.

osing my husband to any woman 50-80 who would have him. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest large lamp

Latest large lamp

Witch piano music box

Witch piano music box
Love Song

Witch sculpt

Witch  sculpt
Easter witch

Halloween Lamp

Halloween Lamp