Friday, April 17, 2009

Losing a friend

I've been neglecting my spot here for awhile. Not that anyhone will miss my witty posts but nevertheless I thought I had better explain. Roise, our dear 18 yers year old long-hired calico kitty had to be put down and I can tell you it really tore me up. Why is it we get so attached to our pets? I miss my some of my pets who have passed a lot more than some of the people I know who are gone. I guess part of it the unconditional love thing. They love you no matter what. It always seems when I am blue or depressed or sad or just i need of a little kindness that my kitties sense this and gove a little extra love- or is it my imgination? I don't have a clue but I do know that they are a comfort to me in bad times. It has taken me longer to recover from her passing than I thought it would and so I have been rather unproductive for many days now.
And now on a lighter note, YEA, we didnt owe anything come tax day and I was sure we would. I cant believe it. Its a first. So with a good thought in mind I am staring another Halloween lamp for EBAY even though it does'nt seem that anyone is buying these days. Can't say that I blame them. Things are tight. Severaol of the smalll businesses here in our small town are having to close their doors and its a cryin' shame. Friends and folks we have known for years are going under. So far we have been able to stay aloft but that certainly doesn't men we are safe forever. I will pray for our nation and for our leaders and hope that God will forgive us our greedy pasts and save us from ourselves.

3 comments:

  1. Susie, so sorry about your kitty. I know what you're going thru. I lost two of my 'girls' to heart disease in the past 5 years. Both were 18 years old. Now one of my boys who is only 8 has been diagnosed with Lymphosarcoma and has a prognosis of 6 to 8 months. I do grieve for my pets more than I grieve for most people. Probably because they become part of our family. Your kitty had a wonderful life and now has gone to a better place - but I know that doesn't make your load any lighter. Hugs and peace to you, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry about your sweet kitty! I know it's tough, I really do!

    Pip and I thank you for visiting our giveaway. Comments are now closed....Pip will be choosing his new home shortly....stay tuned!

    Jamie - The Beldame

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh hon, I'm so sorry. So hard to loose them!! Huge hugs and hang in there!! Blessings, Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Latest large lamp

Latest large lamp

Witch piano music box

Witch piano music box
Love Song

Witch sculpt

Witch  sculpt
Easter witch

Halloween Lamp

Halloween Lamp