Sunday, July 12, 2009

Too many ideas- not enough time

I have posted a couple of pics of my latest painting that was commissioned by a lady who wanted a "portrait" of her home. Actully I do like architetectural subjects- basically buildings with interesting features and have done a few of downtown Cannon Beach businesses. The town is a unique little artsy community with lots of nice galleries and good restaurants and beautiful cedar shaked establishments with lots of ginberbread and fun details.
But now that I am through with her piece I have several items that I have collected to "do up" in Halloween colors and designs- probably vintage since I love the old Halloween postcards etc. I have a great little side table I found on ebay for a song. It will lend itself quite nicely to witchies and ghosties. The top is octagonal. I also found a darling gumball slot/machine bank that is dying for a redo. Gad, I have tons of great items that I would love to finish in time for Halloween. I sure hope I can work faster than I usually do. Unfortunately I am easily distracted so I will have to take the phone off the hook and refuse to answer a knock on my door and send my husband out for pizza if I want to get anything done. Oh and, I won't hear the garden crying out for attention. Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest large lamp

Latest large lamp

Witch piano music box

Witch piano music box
Love Song

Witch sculpt

Witch  sculpt
Easter witch

Halloween Lamp

Halloween Lamp