Monday, March 2, 2009

Sculpting- a real challenge

I admire all the ladies I know who sculpt. There really truly is a trick to it that I have yet to learn. Maybe I am too impatient for results as good as the ones I see and like. Then too perhaps I will NEVER learn to do it well. I am trying to finish up a little photo cube box and have sculpted a tiny black cat with a tiny camera in his hand and a witches hat on his head. He is turning out OK but not like I invisioned when I began. Usually --( this is a profound statement) - IF I CAN VISUALIZE IT I CAN CREATE IT. Do any of you seem to be able to do that also? Well, I could sort of see with my minds eye the kitty but the finsihed kept changing. Poop! I will put him up for bid never the less. I am happy to ahve a bid on my table. Boy oh boy there sure are a lot of hours in this one.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you Susie, it must take a LOT of patience! Like how some artists can get their work so smooth and not so chunky looking. I'm still learning too. I bet your cat is going to look great! I am also working on a photo box. I would have never thought to use a cat with a camera. What a clever idea! I can't wait to see it. I do love your little table, I'm sure it will do awesome! Your work is really great!!
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jamie. I will post the photo cube on Saturday I think. I like those little boxes and they lend themselves to many applications.

    ReplyDelete

Latest large lamp

Latest large lamp

Witch piano music box

Witch piano music box
Love Song

Witch sculpt

Witch  sculpt
Easter witch

Halloween Lamp

Halloween Lamp